This latest entry in our series of articles on documents found in the archives of the Licensed Vintners Association may only be of interest to pub anoraks and those with an interest in archiving.
With that in mind, here are several documents from 1910. They are correspondence from the LVA to Mister John Fogarty, Esquire at 41 and 42 Upper Dominick Street. Mister Fogarty was then the landlord of the premises.
The pub is now named Cumiskey’s and is a favourite of ours in the city.
While the documents don’t have much detail and are largely secretarial in nature, their mere existence is of interest to us. It shows us who the proprietor was at that time and any trace of a historical document from this era is surely of some importance.